[squeak-dev] Celeste (was: Smalltalk-80)

Douglas Brebner kirtai+st at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:38:03 UTC 2020

On 20/10/2020 23:15, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
> Douglas Brebner wrote on Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:30:09 +0100
> I think it is reasonable to consider that Celete is available under the MIT license.

Thank you

>> I miss having tools that would let you "live" in a smalltalk image.
> Scamper started out a bit outdated and was quickly left behind as the
> web kept changing. Other things are a little more usable in today's
> world. A fully working SqueakNOS or equivalent would quickly show what
> is missing.

Yes, web stuff, especially rendering, is a hideously complex, massive
task. Maybe an approach like the nyxt browser (common lisp) which wraps
an engine would be feasible but I'm not confident. Special purpose
clients should work, assuming they don't assume the availiblility of a
web renderer.