[squeak-dev] The Inbox: KernelTests-ct.387.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Oct 24 10:12:11 UTC 2020

commits-2 wrote
> Should I invest further complexity into this test for the purpose of
> keeping the production source logs clean?

I think keeping the logs clean is a worthy goal (especially if you have to
recover changes after not saving for a while).

Does your implementation still log anything? Since the test does not use
Monticello I think it should be silent. For extra emphasis you could have
used compileSilently: instead of compile:, though I thought muting the
SystemChangeNotifier would be sufficient here.

I tend to override performTest: to wrap the doSilently: around the test
method execution, if most of the tests in the class are exepected to log
something.