[squeak-dev] Some labels broke in a recent update

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Oct 29 16:43:37 UTC 2020

> On 2020-10-29, at 1:35 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Is there a way to get back the number of implementors/senders in the window title? Also the message-search tool has no title:

I noted this artefact when I put the update in the inbox.

Setting the default selection automatically changes the label to reflect the item selected and thus removes the number. The old code fudged the initial number with a terrible hack that also got the number wrong in some cases.

Let's see. I guess in MessageSet one could add the size of the message list to the label and just leave it at that; you don't add items in a MessageSet. In the MessageTrace ... well, what do people want to see here? The total number of initial messages? The number connected to the current selected item?

Part of the problem is that the use of a simple list isn't really optimal here, when one has effectively a tree of sends/implements entries. And using the window label to indicate status probably isn't optimal either.

tim
Strange OpCodes: LINO: Last In, Never Out mode