[squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:01:45 UTC 2020

Hi Christoph,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <
christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector
> (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not
> (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override
> the relevant toolbuilder methods.

I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this
a separate package?

> Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The
> composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what
> makes up a Text

Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole
relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where
it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different
"kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's
difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and
how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good
primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a
TextMorph?

Thanks again

--
Eric