[squeak-dev] How to change the update URL for Trunk HTTPS?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 8 10:22:04 UTC 2020

Hi Marcel, hi all,

phew, this turned out to be a bit more complicated than I had assumed.

The attached script should patch every in the image required to upgrade the update URLs to HTTPS. Eventually, I would like to ship it via a postscript in a regular trunk version.

Still, the server code must be updated, because unfortunately, it returns URLs with hard-coded HTTP, even if the request is made via HTTPS:

(
name 'update-eem.477'
repository ('http://source.squeak.org/trunk')
dependency ('Squeak-Version' 'Squeak-Version-mt.5252' 'b9a3cd5b-b708-8646-a99f-5f3ae294ceb1')

<http://www.hpi.de/>
I don't have access to the server code, but apparently the protocol should be checked there. And isn't it a general convention to favor relative over absolute URLs? Why doesn't the server simply return '/trunk' here?

Best,
Christoph