[squeak-dev] ImmPlugin (was: Squeak on a cellphone responds to touchscreen input now (was Re: Squeak on a PostmarketOS cellphone))

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Sep 9 21:30:19 UTC 2020

> > there are still traces of a rather ancient #ImmPlugin that was meant to tell the OS where to put that virtual keyboard:
> I dont know wether  anciet cuts it. It's regularly shipped with the Linux VM and IIRC necessary for Japanese input…

The ImmPlugin does not work on Windows 10. This would be helpful for different scenarios: Ultrabooks with a touch keyboard, but also pop-up dialogs for clipboard history or character table, which usually pop up at the caret, just not in Squeak.
Oh yes, another cleanup project! :-) Does the current ImmPluginWin32 work for anyone?

Best,
Christoph