[squeak-dev] Squeak on a cellphone responds to touchscreen input now (was Re: Squeak on a PostmarketOS cellphone)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Fri Sep 11 15:04:43 UTC 2020

Hi Vanessa,

On 9/10/20 10:23 PM, Vanessa Freudenberg wrote:
> Oh, exciting! Please record a multi-hand Etoys demo. Maybe like this:
> https://youtu.be/gYrp31fH-Jk?t=56

Whoa, awesome! I didn't know this existed!

I have questions!

 - How much of that shift-to-get-other-colour-buttons support is still
in the image? So far I haven't touched the default world menu bar, which
is mildly inappropriate for small and/or multitouch devices.

 - What other ideas about mapping multitouch to Morphic interaction are
out there I have missed and am in danger of reinventing?

Also, I am intrigued by the idea of simply having each touch be mapped
to a Hand. It seems like the obvious way to do things, on one level, but
doesn't quite fit my fuzzy intuitions for how (multi-finger) gesture
recognition might work on another level. So:

 - When you were working on this, did you have any thoughts about
deficiencies of the Morphic model wrt multitouch/gestures/etc., and then
did you have any ideas about what to change and how to change it?

I'll try to cook up a little demo like that sometime soon.

Tony