[squeak-dev] Squeak needs a third-party package updater

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Sep 12 23:28:54 UTC 2020

> On 2020-09-12, at 3:22 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just to be clear, SqueakMap is not a VCS but a portal.  Since it's just a database of Smalltalk scripts, it works as a portal to configure via anything -- Monticello, Git, Bitbucket, SVN, CVS, ENVY, whether a development workstation or end-user app.  It's meant to be the place that answers the question, "How do I load XYZ package?"

And it's a damn good answer - when it's kept up to date properly. Any ways we can be better at this should be considered.  Not least making sure the SM server is kept up to date and running well so that the package scripts can be easily maintained.

tim
Shift to the left!  Shift to the right!  Pop up, push down, byte, byte, byte!