[squeak-dev] '1._FC_Tatran_Prešov_managers' blowing up Seaside

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Sun Sep 13 14:36:27 UTC 2020

Hi Tim,

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020, gettimothy via Squeak-dev wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am searching for way to detect that ''1._FC_Tatran_PreÅ¡ov_managers'' will blow up  Seaside rendering.

Seaside should have no problem rendering such strings, provided that
the character encoding is set properly (e.g. to utf-8).

> It is a WideString and I would just assume ignore it for now to render many other strings on my dev app.
>
> It displays differently in the workspace and inspectors than it does here.

I presume you don't use the default font, as that doesn't have that
character.

> 'Prešov' here is 'Pre(s with a bar over it)ov' in my image.
>
> Isolate that (s with a bar over it) it is Character: code 353

That bar is supposed to be "broken" in the middle:
https://codepoints.net/U+0161

> How would you attack detecting this in the WideString protocol?

Normally you don't. Just make sure the Seaside adaptor has the proper
character encoding set.

Levente