[squeak-dev] logging to Transcript from not-UI process

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Sep 14 02:28:31 UTC 2020

> On 2020-09-13, at 1:03 PM, Robert Withers via Squeak-dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> I'll throw onto this discussion. I believe tim tested the TraceMonitor,
> but went with Toothpick, which I have never used.

There's nothing particularly wrong with TraceMonitor but Toothpick has a lot more options and has a very nice explanatory wiki on squeaksource. Explaining in order to be able to understand how to use it is always a winning strategy. Now, it is indeed true that I had to find the doc buried deep in the Wayback Machine and convert it to the wiki myself...

tim
Strange OpCodes: DTF: Dump Tape to Floor