[squeak-dev] Squeak 25th anniversary call for participation

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Sep 25 15:39:40 UTC 2020

Hi all,

very nice idea, happy birthday Squeak afterward! (I did not know that Squeak is only four years exactly to the day older than me :D)

I'd like to propose the attached changeset for celebrating Squeak's anniversary inside the image, too. At the moment, it only adds some greetings to the update message dialog. For trying it out, please load the changeset into an image and hardcode "Date today" to return "Date year: 2021 month: 9 day: 24", for example:

[cid:b8c2ca3a-45b9-43ae-9ecb-132daae8a92f]

The CS is still a bit unpolished at the moment, but if you like it, I will refactor it of course!

We could also put on a party hat onto the Squeak icon in the docking bar (similarly as I did it in XmasDecorations), but this would require some background process/recurring UI message which probably would be a too big overhead for a small gimmick.

Best,

Christoph

<http://www.hpi.de/>