[squeak-dev] We need an Applications tab on squeak.org

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 01:29:41 UTC 2020

Hi All,

   I propose that we add an Applications tab on squek.org and in that page
we have a brief description of, the logo/iconography of, and URL of any and
all commercial projects currently built with Squeak.  Tim's company Sage
Tea is perhaps transitioning a part of its solution to Squeak from
VisualWorks.  3D ICC's Terf is all built on Squeak.  Who else is building
commercial applications on Squeak?  I bet there are a few.  We should not
keep the commercial success of Squeak in stealth mode,  We should broadcast
it far and wide.

If you are, then please, if you're part of the Squeak.org design team,
start building this tab, if you're an application developer and/or owner,
please mention your project here, and/or add it to the Applications tab as
soon as it goes live.

Fabio Neiphaus and others have built a very nice process for updating the
website.  One clones https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak.org.git,
edits the checkout of the clone, commits to one's clone, and submits a pull
request.

Who's with me?
best, Eliot