[squeak-dev] Looking to build a WeatherStation for my sailboat

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Sun Sep 27 13:39:22 UTC 2020

I finally got my sailboat! A long-term dream of mine, a bucket list item! I bought her last week and I leave Thursday with my mate Speedy, to sail her down from CT to NC. I will rename her SV Slosh outta Oriental, NC. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Here are the rest of the pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3p9xc4q4ltydhjg/AABes9TP5uIXgs0Frto9d67Oa?dl=0.

In thinking about her capabilities, on the water, I will always be curious about the weather. Tim, your WeatherStation sprung immediately to mind. I found several websites, I am perusing, but I am a little lost on which hardware to get and bringing her up. [1][2][3]. Am I supposed to buy the OurWeather device?

The plot and rotary dial displays are AWESOME! I'd love to have a rotary dial for both the barometer, as you have shown, as well as the anemometer. Perhaps on a waterproof display at the helm...that would be good.

This would be perfect for my Yawl, especially the anemometer and barometer measurements. I have 12v DC power.

TIm, would you guide me to getting it setup? I would greatly appreciate your mentoring me a little. For this trip I have until Thursday, to make it happen, so it is a bit of a rush to accomplish this.

[1] WeatherStation - https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6573
[2] Weather Station at SqueakSource - http://www.squeaksource.com/WeatherStation.html
[3] OurWeather - https://shop.switchdoc.com/products/ourweather-complete-weather-kit

--