[squeak-dev] Question about RemoteTask

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:23:23 UTC 2020

Hi Dave,

I saw your RemoteTask the other day and had a quick question about it.

Do you see any pitfalls doing operations that require or provide sensitive
security key information as input, or output.

As an analogy, I've been using my own convenience method on OSProcess to
give me a way get Linux command output into the image, but it does so by
simply redirecting the command's output to a file, reading that file into
an in-image String, then deleting the file.  But that's not something I
would want to use if it involved passing a password, for example.

My hope is RemoteTask operates all in memory and does not utilize the hard
drive to accomplish that.

Thanks,
  Chris