[squeak-dev] We need an Applications tab on squeak.org

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:51:42 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 5:42 AM Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> There are so many small and big projects on GitHub that are not yet listed
> on squeak.org:
>
> https://github.com/search?l=Smalltalk&p=1&q=squeak&type=Repositories
>
> Just for example Squot, smalltalkCI, Autocompletion, ...

The projects to "showcase" on the Projects page should be ones that are
meaningful _beyond_ Squeak.  Things people outside of Squeak might care
about, and not IDE tools.

> And also I would like to list several smaller tools and frameworks
> somewhere that, despite their small size, might be very interesting for
> your personal Squeak workflow: Autocompletion,
> MessageSendRecorder, WindowAcrobatics, and so many others (just telling
> some names from my individual filter bubble).

-1.  The Projects page is for outside readers' interest -- e.g. "reasons to
get into Squeak".  Small tools like these would bog it down, IMO.

Regards,
  Chris