[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2021

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Sun Apr 4 18:18:44 UTC 2021

Hi all--

      Please vote for me for the Squeak Oversight Board in 2021.

      I've been organizing the board meetings for a few years now, and
I'm coordinating a 25th anniversary celebration for Squeak in September.
I'm also recording an anniversary podcast interview series; please let
me know if you'd like to be part of that.

      I'm very excited about Squeak these days! I'm writing a webapp
with SqueakJS[1], Croquet[2], and Caffeine[3] at beatshifting.org,
enabling musicians to play together to a distributed beat. I'm also
using Squeak as the center of my music production studio, controlling
lots of sound, video, and MIDI gear. My experiments in virtual reality
continue as well, with mashups of Caffeine and A-Frame on the Oculus
Quest headset.

      I'd like to continue scheming about the future of Squeak with the
board, and expanding our realtime community activity. In January, Dan
Ingalls, Vanessa Freudenberg and I started the California Smalltalkers
meetup group, with group video gatherings. It's been going very well,
and it has inspired me to use the video technology for Squeak gatherings
also. I'd like to have an online Squeakers conference in September, and
regular gatherings on second and fourth Wednesdays leading up to it.
Join us on squeak.slack.org to find out more.

      Hm, this won't be the shortest candidacy message. :)

      thanks!
      Craig

[1] https://squeak.js.org
[2] https://croquet.io
[3] https://caffeine.js.org

--
Craig Latta  ::  research computer scientist
Black Page Digital  ::  Berkeley, California