[squeak-dev] Need better default code font

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Sat Apr 10 21:26:14 UTC 2021

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 00:02 Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > On 10. Apr 2021, at 05:32, Vanessa Freudenberg <vanessa at codefrau.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tom, those look great! Kinda hard to pick a favorite really.
> >
> > Tobias: how hard is it to pick a glyph variant when importing the font?
>
> At the moment, impossible -.-
> But if we pre-render, as with the bitmap-dejavu, we have all control…
>
> best regards
>         -tobias

That’s what I thought Tom was doing, so that’s what I meant, yes, just for
importing a new bitmapped default code font.

Would it have to be font-specific (e.g. for “Fira Sans”  pick variant 2 for
the zero glyph) or is there a generic way to say “if this font has multiple
glyphs for zero, prefer the slashed variant”). That’s where my knowledge of
font tech does not go far enough.

–Vanessa–