[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2021

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Thu Apr 15 08:11:43 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I think I'd like to run for the board this year.

I'm particularly interested in topics such as

  - actors and concurrency
  - namespacing and isolation
  - virtualization and securable image-to-image communication
  - data serialization formats (like JSON etc)
  - DSLs

but recently I've also been working on making Squeak the heart of a
prototype cellphone platform, involving the above but also supporting
new input devices (e.g. multitouch touchscreen on Linux) and dealing
with process management, Linux kernel APIs etc.

Basically, I'm interested in the "operating system" side of Smalltalk.
If I'm elected, I'd like to put my energy toward that general area.
However, I've also got quite a bit of experience in infrastructure
setup, care, and feeding, so I can contribute there also.

Tony