[squeak-dev] Methods with more than 15 arguments?

stlutz dev at stlutz.net
Thu Apr 15 13:07:18 UTC 2021

codefrau wrote
> Incidentally, which library/function specifically do you want to call?

I am generating code to satisfy the OpenGL interface. The functions that are
making trouble are also highly unlikely to ever be called, as they are part
of outdated extensions (glLGPUCopyImageSubDataNVX,
glMulticastCopyImageSubDataNV, glAsyncCopyImageSubDataNVX). That's also why
I was asking and hoping for a simple solution, since it is not really worth
it for me to dive deeper into this. I will probably simply ignore these
methods and not generate them, and add a class comment noting their absence.
Nicolas Cellier wrote
> Eliot Miranda suggested to pass first 14 arguments as usual, and onlythe
> last+excess arguments into an array, but nobody did work on
> suchimplementation. I do not remember pros and cons either, need tovarious
> scan mailing lists

Yes, admittedly I had searched the mailing list(s) before posting and found
this thread:
http://forum.world.st/Methods-with-more-than-15-args-sketch-td4901127.html
<http://forum.world.st/Methods-with-more-than-15-args-sketch-td4901127.html>
. I just wondered if anything happened in this regard that my
Generic-Search-Engine-Fu could not uncover.