[squeak-dev] SOB Election 2021: Opt-in for receiving voting mails | Extension of nomination period

Rein, Patrick Patrick.Rein at hpi.de
Thu Apr 15 17:02:14 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

tl;dr: To be able to vote in the upcoming SOB election please activate the email address you used for registering as a voter. To activate it go to https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/opt_in.pl

tl;dr2: To account for the opt-in, the nomination period is extended by one week. Voting will start at 19.00 UTC on Friday 23rd of April 2021.

This year everything is a little different about the SOB election. Our election platform changed their email rules. This year, for you to vote on CIVS, you have to opt in to receiving emails from CIVS. This is necessary, as you will get a personalized voting link via email directly from CIVS.

Please opt in to receiving emails from CIVS at https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/opt_in.pl

Otherwise you will NOT be able to vote! Everyone on the voters list will also get a personal email on this. If you have already opted in by then, you can ignore that email.

Also, to allow for everyone to opt-in in time for the election to start, the nomination period is extended by one week. We will start voting at 19.00 UTC on Friday 23rd of April 2021. The end of the voting period is adjusted accordingly.

Best wishes and keep the nominations coming!
Patrick