[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-nice.1386.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:34:20 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,
Hmm, there must have been some confusion on my side.
I've tried to carefully review the remaining contributions in the inbox.
To my understanding Kernel-ct.1383 fixes more simulation cases than
Kernel-ct.1382.
Since
- the tests simulating primitives 83, 84 & 100 were failing,
- and that a more recent inbox contribution was trying to fix that,
I thought that merging this contribution was a good idea.
It apparently was fixing two tests out of three after trial.

Also, to my experience, generating a warning when we simulate
    primitiveIndex >= 85 and: [primitiveIndex <= 88] "control primitives"])
is super annoying! It always happens when running some kernel tests
and forces me to switch warning off altogether.
But switching warning off is not a good solution (and it makes some
more tests fail !).
Kernel-ct.1383 being more recent, I thought that the removal of
warnings was intentional...

I saw later that you removed <primitive: 19> from newProcess... SHould we?

My understanding now is that you need this warning in some specific
context. Is that it?
We can't fix one usage by breaking another. We have to find a solution
that fits both purposes.