[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1586.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Apr 16 17:52:16 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

I think that this clickable link is a compromise between printString and storeString. For mouse navigation, you can always choose "inspect it" from the context menu on that text selection. ;-) I also found the link color annyoing for simple literals.

> Also consider this snippet where the print-link does not exist for an MCVersionName

Looks fine. ^__^ I am certain that we will collect more feedback on this feature during the next weeks and months. Let's refine it then.

Best,
Marcel
Am 16.04.2021 18:39:10 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Marcel, it's great that you have found a solution to this idea! :-)

> +        ^ (self class interactivePrintIt and: [(anObject isString or: [anObject isNumber]) not])

Is this necessary? I know that an inspector for a literal object like these does not make great sense, but this just feels like an unnecessary heuristic and limitation for me and adds complexity. I would like to be able to open an inspector always. Also consider this snippet where the print-link does not exist for an MCVersionName: :-)

MCRepository inbox allFileNames first

> CI scripts will default to "true".

Unfortunately, no, mine just timed out while preparing the image. Also, my server images for @SqueakSmalltalkBot were interrupted. I'd opt for keeping preamble/postscript content in the update stream strictly non-interactive. :-)

Best,
Christoph