[squeak-dev] "Browse revisions" server error for long methods

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Apr 17 13:04:27 UTC 2021

+1 for using POST (if it is easier to implement... Chris?)

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.04.2021 05:11:17 schrieb Vanessa Freudenberg <vanessa at codefrau.net>:
The argument to the server call is serializing the whole definition:

serializeForRequest: aMCDefinition
^ ((ReferenceStream on: (RWBinaryOrTextStream on: ByteArray new)) nextPut: aMCDefinition ; yourself) contents asString encodeForHTTP

So either, as Levente suggests, it needs to be POSTed which allows larger data, or something smaller needs to be posted to the server, like MCDefinition>>description. Either way, it sounds like both server and client need to be touched for this.

–Vanessa–