[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1659.mcz

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 17 17:34:06 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

> > isn't this situation comparable to the items in the docking bar?
>
> Those look like a menu already. System window buttons do not.

I think that this might be a somewhat subjective question. The changeset
name in the docking bar does not really look like a menu to me. :-)

To my humble self, this rule sounds pretty consistent: An action will only
be invoked as soon as you release the hand above a button. Nevertheless,
some items are displayed directly whereas others are organized within a menu
structure. In every case, I would like it to get rid of the redundant click
for choosing a menu item.

I have tested this feature for the last 10 months in my image and found it
very convenient. :-)

Best,
Christoph

-----