[squeak-dev] Wrote a little about OnScreenKeyboardMorph

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Wed Apr 21 20:54:48 UTC 2021

Hi--

      Douglas Brebner wrote:

 > I just remembered, Squeak has (used to have?) a handwriting
 > recognition system called Genie. That may make a useful addition to a
 > phone UI. Maybe even resurrect graffiti from the palm pdas :)

      And on the iPad, there's Scribble. I wrote SqueakJS support for
it. I hide an invisible HTML text input element underneath wherever
you're entering text, and Scribble recognizes it. It does both ink-based
recognition and the sliding-around-on-an-onscreen-keyboard thing, which
I really like.

      https://vimeo.com/494744698

-C

--
Craig Latta  ::  research computer scientist
Black Page Digital  ::  Berkeley, California