[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-nice.1384.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 08:19:11 UTC 2021

Le jeu. 22 avr. 2021 à 09:10, Jakob Reschke <jakres+squeak at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Am Do., 22. Apr. 2021 um 08:58 Uhr schrieb Marcel Taeumel
> <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
> > An example for such exception-based dynamic scoping is CurrentReadOnlySourceFiles.
> >

> ...which also got disarmed in my test case. Although that was not
> obvious until I inspected the stack.

CurrentReadOnlySourceFiles is working for me. I see a single readOnly
copy created.
Jakob, maybe you have tried it before i fixed resume:?
(resume: didn't reactivateHandlers in my first version).

The question is whether nested usage works properly, for example
nested Environment>>beCurrentDuring:
I think that it should, but I've not checked this one.
We ought to write more tests to document our expectations.
BTW, did someone try (Environment allInstances) recently. I've got 52
instances...
So we might want to add some tests, but we shall do so carefully.