[squeak-dev] SqueakJS keyboard input (was: Wrote a little about OnScreenKeyboardMorph)

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Thu Apr 22 20:13:11 UTC 2021

      I wrote:

 > ...on the iPad, there's Scribble. I wrote SqueakJS support for it. I
 > hide an invisible HTML text input element underneath wherever you're
 > entering text, and Scribble recognizes it. It does both ink-based
 > recognition and the sliding-around-on-an-onscreen-keyboard thing,
 > which I really like.
 >
 >     https://vimeo.com/494744698 <https://vimeo.com/494744698>

      Vanessa responds:

 > Oh cool! Does it need image-side support? If not I'd love to get this
 > into SqueakJS proper - I think having a hidden text field might solve
 > the various issues we have on e.g. Android, or with copy/paste on
 > Safari.

      Yeah! This use case involves a tiny bit of image-side support, so
that the hidden recognizer is moved properly whenever a Smalltalk window
is activated. I'll submit a pull request for the rest of it.

-C

--
Craig Latta  ::  research computer scientist
Black Page Digital  ::  Berkeley, California