[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MorphicExtras-eem.293.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Apr 25 18:28:47 UTC 2021

> On 2021-04-25, at 11:10 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Eliot,
>
> do you plan to add support for cameras to Windows? Or should this already work and something is broken here? At the moment, primOpenCamera always fails for me without an error code ... :-)

I'm pretty sure the CameraPlugin stuff would have worked at some point since it was originally part of the Scratch development. Scratch (original Squeak version) was used by multiple millions of kids around the world on all sorts of machines so no camera on Windows would have been noticed.

Most likely Windows changed and broke it; after all that seems to be the primary purpose of Windows.

As an aside, the extended and improved Squeak based Scratch is still part of the default Raspberry Pi setup and is still used by enough people that I just did an update release. Still used on the ISS apparently.

tim
Oxymorons: Alone together