[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2021

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Mon Apr 26 18:57:54 UTC 2021

Hi Chris,

Now that voting has started there is no way to remove your name. Plus people
have already voted and I'm sure some have already voted for you. You can
suggest that people not vote for you but we don't have rules for this
situation.  The options are:
1. to exclude your name if you are elected and seat the 8th person on the
list
2. You can resign after being elected and we would have 6 board members
3. We can seat the first 5 board members since our rules state that we
should have an odd number.
Board SeatsThe squeak community does its best to elect 7 board members each
year. In the event that less than 7 board members run or less than 7 are
elected (see Voting for None of the Below) the next largest ODD number of
board members will be elected to the board. The requirement for an ODD
number of seats is to ensure that tie votes can be broken. For example, if
7 candidates run and 6 are elected, the highest 5 ranking board members
will serve on the board.

I would prefer option 1 because it makes the most sense to me.  It would be
good to get feedback from the Squeak communities.  If everyone agrees we
can just ignore Chris's name on the ballot.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum