[squeak-dev] Browser flash (was Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.1029.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:18:50 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

>  - all the other browsers ought to support the drag stuff too. I see some do, but the messagetrace doesn't appear to.

"The drag stuff" tells me you don't have a firm grip on the purpose
and scope of the use-cases.  MessageTrace uses swipe to select
multiple methods.  It's rightly confined to what you trace, DnD
outside its browser doesn't make sense for tracing.

>  - drag a method into a MessageTrace browser and thus add implementors of that message to the stack.

That would result in multiple, unrelated Trace's all in the one
window.  I don't understand why you'd want to do that.

> - Nothing to do with d&d, but how about a very simple way to add notes to methods in a browser? I'm thinking here of using a messagetrace browser and wanting to add little (pop-up?) notes to remind me of any points I notice as I follow the messages up and down. Why was I looking at this? What is it related to? All that stuff it is so easy to forget a week later when you start climbing back up the rabbit hole you fell into.

Why not simply send Object>>#todo, and include a comment next to it?
No little pop-ups please!