[squeak-dev] Squeak 6.0 alpha-20601 browsing revisions fails because of wrong class of requestor

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:41:10 UTC 2021

> On Aug 27, 2021, at 12:07 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>

> Hi Tim --
>
> > Pragmas do something similar; an interesting idea for annotating code and then no tool(s) that make it easy to work out what is going on.
>
> The standard pragmas integrate well with the "Senders" tool. :-)

and, which is sadly what lots of designers miss, with perform:wothArguments: and/or sentTo:/sendMessage: etc. ie a pattern that works is

- create a builder object that understands the pragma(s) in question
- visit the method(s) implementing the pragma
- send the pragma to the builder

This is how pragmas for menus should be done.

- give the base menu to a menu decorator builder, which is parameterized with the name of the menu and the class(es) involved in the menu
- have the menu decorator builder visit the relevant pragma methods in the class(es)
- use the resulting decorated menu