[squeak-dev] Squeak 6.0 alpha-20601 browsing revisions fails because of wrong class of requestor

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 27 19:29:43 UTC 2021

> On 2021-08-27, at 10:59 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the issue here is a lack of documentation, not a lack of tools.

That may well be true. After all, decent documentation is a tool that helps our brains use a facility...

Although my top-level point was the general whine about hard to discover links across abstractions, Pragma is certainly an important case and I'd be very happy to talk over making doc for them. As an example of where I find them a tad puzzling, the class comment mentions "Because pragmas are messages one can browse senders and implementors and perform them." OK, yes, if you select the text of a pragma you can do the cmd-m/n just like any other text, BUT surely they should appear in the UI lists of choices when in a browser.
eg -

really ought to include the #preferenc.... selector in choices?

tim
Useful random insult:- His page was intentionally left blank.