[squeak-dev] Squeak 6.0 alpha-20601 browsing revisions fails because of wrong class of requestor

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 27 21:58:06 UTC 2021

> On 2021-08-27, at 1:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you please give extremely specific answers as to what lisy browser you're using (including the expression that delivered it), what preferences you have, etc?  Because when I look at this in both Message Names and a Senders and Implementors list browser (derived from the Message Names) I see the Please Choose dialog offering me listClassesHierarchically, ==, ifNil: and preference:category:description:type:.

Interesting; it does indeed work that way in a vanilla 6.0alpha image.

>  My preferences here (searching for 'browse' in preferences) are

Looks identical in my working image - and that's evidently the issue in this particular case. My daily life is in a 5.3 image, brought to you by the letters $w, $o, $r and $k. So I'm missing out on a useful improvement :-(

tim
Meets quality standards: It compiles without errors.