[squeak-dev] [UI] Pluggable and Specs

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 20 18:48:51 UTC 2021

Hello J??rg and welcome!

The ui mailing list has been inactive for a number of years, so I am
replying on the main squeak-dev list. Please join the squeak-dev list
(http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/squeak-dev)
and we can carry on the discussion there :-)

I am not a good person to answer your questions below, but I will mention
a couple of Squeak projects that may be of interest to you:

hpi-widgets is a recntly developed library:

  https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets

Bob Arning wrote a nice library that is described here:
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1984
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/621

The hpi-widgets library can be loaded following the instructions on
its githubhome page. BobsUI can be installed through the SqueakMap
Package Loader, which is one of the tools in the Squeak image
(home -> open... -> SqueakMap Catalog). It has not been actively
maintained, so it is likely to need some updates in today's Squeak.

Dave