[squeak-dev] Merge Request: autoEncloseBeforeSpace.cs

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Dec 25 15:03:32 UTC 2021

Hi all --

Done. See Morphic-mt.1829. cmd+[ etc. is back if you enable the "legacy shortcuts" preference.

Best,
Marcel
Am 25.12.2021 12:47:15 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi all --

I am currently collecting the US-specific TextEditor shortcuts that got lost since Squeak 5.3 to make them available again as a preference-driven event filter on instances of TextEditor. Shouldn't be that hard. I will call the preference "Legacy keyboard shortcuts (US only)" or something like that.

You can help me do that by answering here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2021-December/217783.html [http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2021-December/217783.html]

Thanks. :-)

Best,
Marcel
Am 23.12.2021 21:09:53 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 2021-12-23, at 4:39 AM, Jakob Reschke wrote:
>
> I believe that because Squeak does not have a
> reputation of being a state of the art, customizable code editor, as
> far as I am aware. (Admittedly, no hard facts in this paragraph.)

Which is kind of sad because of course all the code is right there and is almost infinitely customizable. :-(

tim
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.