[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1829.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Dec 25 18:52:25 UTC 2021

> On 2021-12-25, at 10:00 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Marcel and happy holidays to all!

Likewise thanks.

I think the important take-away here is that keyboard handling appears to have become complicated enough that we probably need to step back and try to simplify overall. We've got way too many fiddly options clamouring for their place in the circus.

>> Note that there is a minor conflict with the global cmd+] shortcut (i.e., remove one level of brackets) for saving the image, which will be disabled then legacy shortcuts are enabled.

That's an interesting example of shortcuts going bad; what on earth lead to someone thinking the cmd-] was a memorable shortcut for save-image? Obviously, it should have been ctrl-shift-alt-meta2-stallman-fn-eject

tim
Strange OpCodes: BDC: Break Down and Cry