[squeak-dev] locale folder causes slow unzipping

mail at jaromir.net mail at jaromir.net
Thu Dec 30 10:39:09 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I noticed unzipping a new image folder (Squeak...Windows.zip) from http://files.squeak.org/trunk/ takes ages - at least on my PC (Windows). The problem is the 'locale' folder with loads of small files.

My question is: Does the folder have to be included in the downloadable? I'm not sure how it's used but I delete it from a freshly downloaded zip the first thing :)

Would it make sense to download the locale folder later based on user needs/request? E.g. in the Wizard's last page?

Thanks,

~~~
^[^    Jaromir

Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk