[squeak-dev] fileout workspace contents on accept preference issues

mail at jaromir.net mail at jaromir.net
Thu Dec 30 22:07:45 UTC 2021

Hi tim,
so cool the debugger after FileList cancel is gone :) This should never be a part of "normal" user interaction... And unifying these editing tools is great (for an inexperienced user: they look the same but behave differently? total confusion).

It took me a minute to realize this Workspace created when editing a file saves in an "update" mode as opposed to an "append" mode used by default by a Workspace started the usual way. But it's fine as long as you know about it and it's changeable via the Worspace window menu after all...

>Whilst running down the list of preference I noticed a new one (to me, at least) to save a Workspace's content to a file when you accept.
>
>Now that's quite a nice idea, but it clashes a bit with something we already had - you could save a Workspace to a file using the window menu.

Yes, but the confusing part was when you hit cmd+s the orange triangle in the upper right corner disappeared misleading you to think you just saved your Workspace somewhere :)

Thanks,

best,
~~~
^[^    Jaromir