[squeak-dev] interesting slowness (not important, just an FYI)

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:21:06 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:15 PM gettimothy via Squeak-dev <
squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:

> TTCFontDescription at: 65537  is throwing an Error: subscript is out of
> bounds: 65537.
>

> So, that is where I investigate next.

This is the same issue I had last year. I am not sure my diagnosis was
correct (see this thread
<http://forum.world.st/TrueTypeFont-and-Unicode-Characters-td5115825.html>,
especially the final message), but from what I recall TTF uses so-called
GSUB records to render code points above 65536 or something, and that the
implementation of TTF in Squeak is not set up to handle such records. I
might be wrong about that though.

--
Eric