[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-jar.1368.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:13:14 UTC 2021

Hi Jaromir,

> On Feb 8, 2021, at 2:32 PM, Jaromir <m at jaromir.net> wrote:
>
> For some reason the proposed fix also fixes the Transcript losing output
> intermittently problem mentioned in
> http://forum.world.st/Process-gt-gt-priority-behavior-grossly-incorrect-Transcript-losing-output-td5126836.html
> => it looks like the current #priority bug influences also Transcript
> behavior and who knows what else...

That’s a good catch. What if instead of the fork you simply use yield?  yield is now implemented as a primitive so it is far faster than creating a new process and resuming it.  I’ll take a look at the yield primitive today and make sure it handles this use case.

It’s great to have your insight and energy looking at this.  Thank you!!

Eliot