[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-jar.1368.mcz

Jaromir m at jaromir.net
Wed Feb 10 18:30:53 UTC 2021

> What if instead of the fork you simply use yield?  yield is now implemented
as a primitive so it is far faster than creating a new process and resuming
it.

Hi, thanks for your encouragement! I did try to use #yield but the primitive
seems to check only the active priority queue (and assumes it can't even
happen that higher priority processes are waiting while a lower priority
process is active - which is probably a reasonable assumption - if it
weren't for the #priority: behavior). So I guess either #priority: or #yield
should be modified.

Thanks,
Jaromir