[squeak-dev] Discussing a new design of partially Squeak-based OS

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 14:38:15 UTC 2021

Hi Liam,

> On Feb 19, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 18:45, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:
>>
>> I post the link for you, then:
>>
>> https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/event/new_type_of_computer/
>
> Hi again, Jecel, and thank you. :-)
>
> Since we conversed on Hacker News, I have downloaded and installed
> Squeak and am working my way through the Red, Green and Blue Books. I
> may be some time, though.

A good shortcut is to read Squeak by Example, which has been updated to refer to current Squeak here: https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/SqueakByExample-english/releases/download/5.3/SqueakByExample_5_3.pdf

I’m the architect of Cog.  I’d be interested in discussing where I hope Cog is going technologically to try abd find a direction that suits both your goals and the various goals of people working on Cog.