[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Graphics-nice.446.mcz

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Feb 22 16:42:02 UTC 2021

> We should be very careful with every low-level detail we burden the
> high-level programmer with. I find the phrase "[...] problems that users
> will have to learn sooner or later [...]" very problematic in the sense
> that it seems to "just give up" on readable, high-level abstractions
> altogether. Of course, one should not be too naive about this.

Maybe we do not have the same idea about what "readable" means, because
I do agree with you that the code must be readable in all cases. But, to
me, readability cannot come from hiding complexities away - it means
finding a proper vocabulary to explain them clearly, as they are and, as
Nicolas said, as they will bite anyway.

Stef