[squeak-dev] zooming (was "Shim OS")

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Mon Feb 22 22:04:17 UTC 2021

Hi--

      tim writes:

 > One would still need to work out how to handle all the facilities we
 > take for granted for our daily use of a computer; a *good* email
 > system, web browsing, assorted social media interfaces and on and on.

      Liam responds:

 > A2 can do a surprising amount of this already, today. For a niche
 > experimental OS it is amazingly complete.
 >
 > http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2009/04/22/oberon/

      Fun! I like the zooming. I've been using the zooming capabilities
of SqueakJS on mobile devices for a few years now. It's an essential
feature; I like how it's an easily-leveraged part of CSS.

-C

--
Craig Latta  ::  research computer scientist
Black Page Digital  ::  Berkeley, California