[squeak-dev] seL4 Microkernel: How small can the shim be?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 23:31:15 UTC 2021

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 at 15:31, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Hi Lian,
>
> I'm not sure if you are aware, but Tim is one of the original core
> VM developers and is the author of the RISC OS VM for Squeak. Here
> are a few links of interest:
[...]

Oh my word!

No, I was not. Actually I did not even realise that Squeak ran on RISC
OS at all. That's quite an achievement.

As I understand it, the current version of RISC OS Direct on the
Raspberry Pi 4 can access 4GB of RAM and is up there,
performance-wise, with the fastest RISC OS boxes ever made. It allows
significantly larger programs, too -- I am not sure of the maximum
WimpSlot but I think it's a gig or 2 now. I suspect Squeak would run
rather well on that.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com