[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] The Trunk: System-codefrau.1205.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Sat Jan 2 12:00:03 UTC 2021

Perhaps it's sufficient to measure the uptime and estimate the machine's
performance based on that value. On slower machines it should take longer
to get to the same point in the startup process.

By uptime I mean what's shown in the VM stats:

| vmStartTime uptime |
vmStartTime := Smalltalk vmParameterAt: 20.
uptime := vmStartTime ~= 0 "utcMicrosecondClock at startup in later Spur VMs"
 	ifTrue: [Time utcMicrosecondClock - vmStartTime + 500 // 1000]
 	ifFalse: [Time eventMillisecondClock].

which may be simplified to:

| uptime |
uptime := Time utcMicrosecondClock - (Smalltalk vmParameterAt: 20) + 500 // 1000.

Levente