[squeak-dev] FullBlockClosures and ignoreOuterContext?

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Sat Jan 2 14:18:11 UTC 2021

Hi Fabio:

> On 2 Jan 2021, at 12:49, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>
> - In terms of performance, Sista makes almost no difference in TruffleSqueak.

I would expect a benefit in terms of cold-code/interpreter performance.
Do you see any benefits here?

> which could greatly improve warmup.

Less run-time work for optimizers is one possible benefit, but I would expect the interpreter itself to also shows some performance difference.
For instance, I’d assume there’s less needed for run-time specialization in the Truffle interpreter, and the Truffle interpreter code being less polymorphic.
Is that the case/measurable?

Best regards
Stefan

--