[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] The Trunk: System-codefrau.1205.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 2 18:29:36 UTC 2021

> On 2021-01-02, at 12:20 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I’m sorry but it’s completely unacceptable.

This is for deciding what options to have the welcome to your new image wizard suggest, right? In *that context* a single frame cycle delay spent being helpful to a new user seems very reasonable.

Now, in an image set up to be used within some scripty-command-line-doit, absolutely not. I'm fairly sure nobody was suggesting that. If there is a problem where the wizard is getting invoked at an annoying time (for example, your scripts for building a vmmaker image) then ther must be a decent way to make it skip the whole thing. Might it be appropriate to say that if any commandline input is provided then the wizard stage is skipped completely?

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Vescere bracis meis. = Eat my shorts.