[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-eem.1022.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jan 3 20:06:25 UTC 2021

Thanks for the fast merge!

---

Concerning this refactoring, I'm not sure whether it actually improves readability. :-)

It might be a few byte steps faster, but that should not be our ultimate goal in all high-level domain-specific packages.

Your version only implicitly shows that nil should be returned if the project is morphic.

And the assignment expression ... not convinced, again. There have been enough discussions about it when they added the feature to Python 3, but I think it's true that doing multiple things in one statement is rather confusing than intuitive.

That's no big deal, of course, I'm only mentioning it because you explicitly uploaded this refactoring. I would have rather expect the reciprocal changeset as a refactoring that conforms to my own personal taste of coding style. :-)

Have a nice weekend,

Christoph