[squeak-dev] multitasking now available in Squeak6.0?

Herbert herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Jan 5 15:00:57 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

Am 05.01.21 um 15:33 schrieb Marcel Taeumel:

> There is already the HostWindowPlugin, which enables users to spawn
> new host windows -- but Morphic is not able to make good use of it at
> the moment. Its big central world is too monolithic at the moment. I
> have some ideas on how to split that up and -- for example -- assign
> morphs within a world to various host windows. Such morphs could the
> SystemWindows or just those window's contents. ... not breaking the
> powerful halo-inspection mechanics, of course. ;-)

What happens, in that scenario when I switch projects? Would be cool, if
I could have one host window from the previous project still open, while
working in the current project. Would be uncool if it hinders the use of
projects.

I think this would need a lot of thought. Changes in a host window
spawned from an inactive project? Or just close all host windows when
leaving a project? Auto spawn all associated host windows on project
entry? Change project only in the main host window? Or each host window
= a project? (I'd like this!)

Cheers,

Herbert